The Spanish language program offers seven levels of language learning for adults wishing to learn, improve, and practice their Spanish language skills. Four terms are offered per year; (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer Intensive). The course provides students the tools necessary to authentically express themselves. Student-centered, interactive classes are taught in an intimate, casual, and professional learning atmosphere with between 6 and 12 students. Teachers are trained in the Communicative Language Teaching methodology and use a variety of teaching strategies and activities to encourage student participation and engagement.
2014 Class Sessions
WINTER : Jan 14 – March 20
- New student testing Jan 7, 8, 9 @ 6:30 pm. No appt necessary
SPRING: April 15 – June 19
- New student testing April 8, 9, 10 @ 6:30 pm. No appt necessary
- $200 per semester/session (20 hrs classroom) - payment is required to reserve your place in class.
- $20 for registration & testing.
- $20 textbook – available at front desk. One book covers 3 levels.
- Payment may be made in cash, checks made out to the International Institute of Minnesota, or by credit card (VISA or MasterCard only) at the front desk or over the phone.
- Tues: Beginning 1, Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2
- Wed. Beginning 1, Beginning 2, Beginning 3, Advanced
- Thurs: Beginning 2, Intermediate 3
- Classes meet once per week for 10 weeks (20 hours) during academic school year
- Summer Intensive classes meet 2 evenings a week for 5 weeks (20 hours)
- Students must be 18+ years old for Fall, Winter & Spring Sessions, 16+ for the Summer Intensive
- New students with previous Spanish language experience must take assessment/placement test to determine correct level (Fee $20)
- Assessments are offered 3 evenings prior to class start dates – no appointment necessary
- When registering, please indicate your level of choice and if you have a preferred evening for attendance (exception Summer Intensive); classes are offered depending upon enrollment, and all efforts are made to accommodate personal schedules
- All instructors are experienced and are native speakers or have earned advanced degrees in Spanish with an emphasis in Education, Latin American Studies, or relevant areas of study
- Students do not receive letter grade; classes are pass/fail
- Certificates of Completion provided at final class; CEUs from the MN Department of Education also provided upon request
- Free tutoring for enrolled students (depending on availability)
Class Level Descriptions:
- Each level incorporates cultural lectures and discussion, current events, art, music, seasonal traditions, idiomatic expressions, and relevant themes into the curriculum
- Every level practices speaking, listening, reading, and writing, as well as grammar
- For more information about class levels, read the Class Level Descriptions
If you would like further information or to enroll in the course, please contact Dominique Winders at 651-647-0191 x 340 or fill out the form below: