English for Work classes teach literacy, beginning and intermediate level English to adult refugees, immigrants, and asylees. Classes are FREE. Students learn English grammar, speaking, reading, writing, and listening skills as well as work and practical life skills. Classes include basic computer training, work readiness, and use of community resources to build academic skills. Classes meet MFIP requirements, although students do not need to be receiving MFIP to attend class.
Class schedule: Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Classes continue throughout the year – open enrollment
- Classes meet 16 hours a week
- Students MUST take placement exam.
- Testing: Tuesday and Thursday at 1 p.m. (no appointment necessary)
- Students may have refugee, asylee, or immigrant status.