English for Work classes teach literacy, beginning and intermediate level English to adult refugees, immigrants, and asylees. Classes are FREE. Students learn academic English grammar, speaking, reading, writing, and listening skills as well as receive computer training, work readiness, life skills and access community resources. Classes meet MFIP requirements, although students do not need to be receiving MFIP to attend class.
Class schedule: Monday – Thursday, 9 am – 1 pm; Friday Math, 9 am – 12 pm
- Classes continue throughout the year – open enrollment
- Classes meet 19 hours a week; (16 hrs ESL + 3 hrs math on Fridays)
- Students are assigned homework; tutoring available
- Students MUST take placement exam.
- Testing: Tuesday and Thursday at 1 p.m. (no appointment necessary)
- Students may have refugee, asylee, or immigrant status.
For more information or to enroll in class, contact Dominique Winders at 651-647-0191 ext. 340 or mailto:DWinders@iimn.org