English for Work classes teach beginning through intermediate level English to adult refugees, immigrants, and asylees. Classes are FREE. Students learn English grammar, speaking, reading, writing, and listening skills as well as work and practical life skills. Classes include basic computer training, work readiness, and to use community resources to build academic skills. Classes meet all MFIP requirements, although students do not need to be receiving MFIP to attend class.
Class schedule: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Classes continue throughout the year – open enrollment
- Classes meet 20 hours a week
- Students MUST take placement exam.
- Testing: Mondays and Wednesdays 1 p.m. (no appointment necessary)
- Students may have refugee, asylee, or immigrant status.