Internships are a vital part of supporting New Americans through the transition process to their new community in Minnesota. Individuals who have worked in or would like to gain experience in employment services, human resources, nonprofits, refugee services, placement agencies, or similar settings are encouraged to apply. Internships are usually four months long with three terms in a year. At the Institute, we are flexible and willing to adjust interview dates, start dates, and assignments to accommodate your school’s internship requirements.
- Spring Term: January – April/May (Interviews in December)
- Summer Term: May/June – August (Interviews in May)
- Fall Term: September – December (Interviews in August)
Intern positions include:
- History Research Intern, Multiple Departments
- ESL Teaching Assistant, Hospitality Program
- Drop In Computer Lab Intern, Multiple Departments
- Employment Intern for New Americans, Accelerated Employment Program
- Employment Intern for Nursing Assistant Training, Nursing Assistant Training Program
- English for Work Intern, English for Work Class
- English Language Intern, English as a Second Language Class
- Hospitality Intern, Hotel Housekeeping Training and Employment Program
- Immigration Services Intern, Immigration & Citizenship
- Math Intern, College Readiness for Medical Careers
- Media Intern, Accelerated Employment Program
- Medical Career Advancement Intern, Medical Career Advancement
- Spanish Language Intern, Spanish Class
- Refugee Resettlement Casework Aide, Refugee Resettlement
- Refugee Resettlement Intern, Refugee Resettlement
If you have questions regarding these opportunities, contact Faith Loggers-Jamnik at FLoggers-Jamnik@iimn.org.
If you are interested in an internship with the Institute, please complete the following application.