In partnership with Saint Paul College, the Institute offers academic support to a select group of students who take Biology 1730: Human Body Systems (3 credits). Biology 1730 is required for LPN Diploma, Phlebotomy Technician Certificate, and Pharmacy Technician programs. This special offering provides the extra support that many students need in this challenging course:
- A “bridge” course prior to the beginning of the semester: a short, free course that prepares students to do well in biology. Students learn medical terminology, practice note taking, reading, and memory skills, and learn to navigate the Saint Paul College system.
- BIOL 1730 – days and times will be set soon
- Weekly 4-hour biology class (2 hours lecture + 2 hours lab) AND
- Twice-weekly Academic Support classes: Students review key concepts & vocabulary, practice study skills, and get the personal support they need to be successful in class. Students can attend at the time that best fits their schedules.
In order to apply, applicants must:
- Complete an application form
- Take a TABE test (offered at Saint Paul College)
For more information or to apply for this program, contact Merle Greene at 651-647-0191 x 317.