This free course combines English language, employment readiness skills, and computer training. The course is not a traditional English Language course, although it includes grammar structures and language skills important in job-seeking. Students use Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and email to improve keyboarding, Internet searching, digital literacy, and writing skills essential for the work place and personal goals.
Class schedule 2016: Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- April 18 – June 1, 2016 Word and Basic Skills
- June 6 – June 29, 2016 Excel/Google Docs Workshop
- July 11 – August 24, 2016 Word and Basic Skills
- Free classes for adult immigrant, refugee, or asylee adults
- Designed for intermediate to advanced level English speakers with little or no computer background
- Classes taught in state-of-the-art, theater-style computer lab with 15 work stations
- Students receive a Certificate of Completion and Certification using Northstar Digital Literacy Assessments online
- Excellent class for newly-arrived immigrants, as well as those in transition
To enroll, students need to:
- Have refugee, asylee, naturalized citizen or immigrant status
- Commit to attending the entire seven-week session
- Complete an English placement test given by appointment prior to 1st class meeting
If you would like more information or to register for the class, please contact Deshann Sanchez at 651-647-0191 x 332 or fill out the form below.
This program is funded by the MN Department of Education – Adult Basic Education