This free course combines English language, employment readiness skills, and computer training. The course is not a traditional ELL/ESL course, although it includes grammar structures and language skills important in job-seeking. Students use Microsoft Office Word 2010, and email to improve keyboarding, Internet searching, writing to acquire digital literacy skills essential for the work place and personal goals.
Class schedule 2015: Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- May 18 – June 24
- Sept 14 – Oct 28
- Nov 2 – Dec 16
- Free seven-week classes for adult immigrant, refugee, or asylum-seeking adults
- Designed for intermediate to advanced level English speakers with little or no computer background
- Classes taught in state of the art, theatre-style computer lab with 15 work stations
- Students receive a Certificate of Completion and Certification using Northstar Digital Literacy Assessments online
- Excellent class for newly-arrived immigrants, as well as those in transition
To enroll, students need to:
- Have refugee, asylee, naturalized citizen or immigrant status
- Commit to attending the entire seven-week session
- Complete an English placement test given by appointment prior to 1st class meeting
If you would like more information or to register for the class, please contact Dominique Winders at 651-647-0191 x 340 or fill out the form below.
This program is funded by the MN Department of Education – Adult Basic Education