This free course combines English language, employment readiness skills, and computer training. The course is not a traditional ELL/ESL course, although it includes grammar structures and language skills important in job-seeking. Students use Microsoft Office Word 2010, and email to improve keyboarding, Internet searching, writing to acquire digital literacy skills essential for the work place and personal goals.
Class schedule 2014-2015: Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- September 15 – October 29, 2014
- February 2 – March 26, 2015
- April 13 – May 28, 2015
- Free seven-week classes for adult immigrant, refugee, or asylum-seeking adults
- Designed for intermediate to advanced level English speakers with little or no computer background
- Classes taught in state of the art, theatre-style computer lab with 15 work stations
- Students receive a Certificate of Completion and Certification using Northstar Digital Literacy Assessments online
- Excellent class for newly-arrived immigrants, as well as those in transition
To enroll, students need to:
- Have refugee, asylee, naturalized citizen or immigrant status
- Commit to attending the entire seven-week session
- Complete an English placement test given by appointment only
If you would like more information or to register for the class, please contact Dominique Winders at 651-647-0191 x 340 or fill out the form below.
This program is funded by the MN Department of Education – Adult Basic Education