This free course combines English language, employment readiness skills, and computer training. The course is not a traditional English Language course, although it includes grammar structures and language skills important in job-seeking. Students use Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and email to improve keyboarding, Internet searching, digital literacy, and writing skills essential for the work place and personal goals.
Class schedule 2016: Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- April 18 – June 1, 2016 Word and Basic Skills
- June 6 – June 29, 2016 Excel/Google Docs Workshop
- July 11 – August 24, 2016 Word and Basic Skills
- Free classes for adult immigrant, refugee, or asylee adults
- Designed for intermediate to advanced level English speakers with little or no computer background
- Classes taught in state-of-the-art, theater-style computer lab with 15 work stations
- Students receive a Certificate of Completion and Certification using Northstar Digital Literacy Assessments online
- Excellent class for newly-arrived immigrants, as well as those in transition
To enroll, students need to:
- Have refugee, asylee, naturalized citizen or immigrant status
- Commit to attending the entire seven-week session
- Complete an English placement test given by appointment prior to 1st class meeting